SUMMARY Responsible for supporting all international sales associates, distributors and direct accounts. Resolve various sales problems using knowledge of in-house activities, and assistance of AR Marketing, Engineering and other departments. Participate in international product shows, provide Sales and Marketing support and attend exhibits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. ARM International Sales Support
- Receive and respond to all e-mails and correspondence, etc. from assigned associates.
- Follow up special requirements such as quotes, requests, service repair, demos for assigned territories.
- Follow up on resolution of problems of assigned sales associates and customers.
- Accurately respond to associate questions and problems. When possible, answer inquiries the same day or less than 24 hours.
- Initiate correspondence when necessary.
- Review performance of assigned territories on a monthly basis. Compare performance to goal and make suggestions for improvements. Participate in annual goal setting for assigned territories.
- Review and analyze the sales associate forecasts for the monthly forecast meeting.
- Track significant sales opportunities and advise ARM General Manager of the progress.
- Interface with associates to close opportunities.
- Keep apprised of competitive situations and make recommendations to associates that increase the possibility of securing the order.
- Advise ARM General Manager when competitive situations arise that may result in lost business and provide suggestions that will likely result in ARM securing the order.
- Interface with engineers to resolve technical issues.
- Participate in training of associates. Help organize and participate in annual International sales associate training session. Participate in annual sales worldwide associate training session.
- This position requires approx. 30-50% travel.
- Visit all major sales territories a minimum of twice per year (or as needed) to conduct sales meetings with the local sales associates and visit local customers
- Visit all other territories once per year (or as required) to meet with the local sales associates and visit local customers
- Act as key ARM contact regarding all price, delivery, order status, and various other technical inquiries for International distributors, sales associates or customers.
2. General Sales/Marketing Responsibilities
- Support Marketing activities
- Attend significant trade shows in assigned territories.
- Assist with booth set up, staffing and break down.
- Meet with associates in attendance for update on activities.
- Sales Support
- Track modified products through the approval system. Expedite those needed for quotes or sales orders.
- Resolve technical issues between engineer and requestor as required.
- Review specification sheets for accuracy.
- Assist customers requiring technical support, special pricing and delivery information.
- Product Forecasting
- Review monthly forecasts for accuracy. Supply answers to forecasting team as needed.
- Enter all international sales forecasts into database monthly.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Manage ARM international sales function as stated in this job description.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Adhere to company policies and practices.
- Follow safety rules and common sense safety practices.
- Keep Supervisor aware of problems and schedules.
- Interface effectively with others.
- Participate in sound quality practices.
- Participate in TEAMS
- Each employee has the responsibility to learn their job to the best of their abilities, seek out feedback on performance to assess self-development needs, attain and maintain a level of proficiency through on the job experience or special training, and utilize their expertise to develop and train others and recommend improvements in how things are done.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Ten years in marketing and sales or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five of these years include international travel and dealing with international sales associates/distributors. Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have ability to match high power RF and microwave amplifiers to specific market segments including EMC, civil and military, medical, industrial and telecommunications customers. Especially those customers involved with the military and DOD.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Knowledge of regional native languages desirable. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the Company including engineering managers and engineering teams. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Give technical presentations to customers requiring high power RF and microwave amplifiers for applications such as Military Communications, Medical, Industrial, EMC, wireless, calibration and general purpose RF testing. Provide technical training to distributors and associates.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Apply engineering formula to calculate electric field strength, power levels in decibels, amplifier gain and amplifier linear power range, 1dB compression point, harmonic performance. Interpret plots of amplifier performance including 1 dB compression point, 3rd order intercept point, saturated output power. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For consideration please email cover letter, with resume and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (866) 743-3838. AR is an EOE.
This position was posted February 9,